"I put my client's interests ahead of my own because I am a CPA."
Real Estate Experience
- 2016 Participated in 200 unit Multi-Housing Listing. Southern Arizona.
- 2016 Participated in obtaining $1.2 million of government funding for new 20 unit Multi-Housing Project. Tucson.
- 2015 Branch Office Manager for new CPA Advantage Realty office in Tucson.
- 2015 Participated in 80 unit Multi-Housing Listing.
- 2014 Joined CPA Advantage Realty as Licensed Real Estate Agent.
- 2010-2013 Managed audit, tax and special projects delivered by 10 CPA’s for six Multi-Housing Projects containing 300 units. Southern Arizona.
- 2011-2012 Managed acquisition, improvement and SBA financing for commercial retail property. Tucson, Arizona.
- 2004-2007 Agent for five-split of land and lot sales. Southern Arizona.
- 2001-2003 Senior Loan Officer. Tucson, Arizona.
- 2002 Brokered a complex financing transaction involving eight properties, 31 rental units, six owners, and three new lenders. Tucson, Arizona.
- 2001 Started work as a Licensed Real Estate Agent in the State of Arizona in Residential Real Estate.
- 1994-1996 Coordinated a major shift to preventative maintenance for 25,000 square feet of buildings and nine vehicles. Southern Arizona.
- 1985-1986 Designed, integrated and, implemented accounting and administrative systems. Developed five accounting staff as revenue grew by 600% in two years. Commercial Real Estate, Shopping Centers, Metropolitan Chicago, Illinois.
- 2013 Started CPA firm, MARK MASQUELIER CPA, pllc.
- 2010-2013 Comprehensive CFO/Finance Director responsibilities for a social service agency with complex contracts involving real estate assets, private financing and, government projects. Managed 10 CPA’s Southern Arizona.
- 2010-2013 Developed, integrated and implemented systems for organization of records and consolidating reporting for ten legal entities that resulted in substantial improvements in financial results. Included Mergers, Acquisitions, Re-Development, New Development and, startup entities. Southern Arizona.
- 2010-2013 Interim CEO. Southern Arizona, Retail/Wholesale Teaching Supplies.
- 2005-2010 Developed IT marketing program involving internet websites, email, and social media. Southern Arizona, Retail/Wholesale Teaching Supplies.
- 1996-2003 Designed and implemented new systems in the areas of accounting, information technology, purchasing, sales, marketing, supervision and, business management. Southern Arizona, Retail/Wholesale.
- 1996-2001 Developed sales and marketing programs for teaching supplies business resulting in sales increasing 1000% over a five year period. Southern Arizona, Retail/Wholesale.
- 1994-1996 Administered 20 programs and 25 contracts with The State of Arizona, Federal government and, private organizations including negotiation, legal and, contract summaries. Southern Arizona.
- 1994-1996 Integrated systems and implemented major changes to most all systems including accounting, financial and, administrative systems for this 90 employee agency. Southern Arizona, Non-Profit, Social Service Agency.
- 1995 Negotiated contracts and prepared compliance reports for a working capital line of credit. Southern Arizona.
- 1993-1994 Integrated and implemented accounting and financial systems for 20 research programs with 30 employees at The University of Arizona as revenue grew 400% in two years. The University of Arizona, Department of Psychiatry.
- 1991-1993 Designed, integrated and, implemented financial information systems for a 50 member Board of Directors for a three party joint venture. The University of Arizona, Boyce Thompson Southwestern Arboretum Foundation & Arizona State Parks.
- 1987-1990 Started a CPA firm and developed over 100 clients. Chicago, Illinois.
- 1987-1989 Designed integration of accounting, financial and, administrative systems. National, Educational, Non-Profit.
- 1987-1988 Designed, integrated and, implemented accounting, financial and, administrative systems
as revenue grew 500% in two years. Motion Picture Productions.
- 1987-1988 Developed a strategic plan for company transition from manufacturing to distribution.
100-year-old paint Manufacturer.
- 1984 Developed and implemented recommendations for managing cash and investments that created
substantial cost savings and revenue increases. Suburban Chicago City Government.
- 1983 Audit detection of large inventory system error that was undetected for 15 years. Fortune 500, Consumer Products Manufacturer.
- 1983 Revised audit procedures for testing inventory and deferred compensation. National Distributor.
- 1982 Developed 19 management recommendations to improve the control and record keeping
of community programs. National, Non-Profit, Social Service Agency.
- 1982 Revised audit procedures for testing cash, accounts receivable and, accounts payable. National Trade Association.
- Financial Accounting, Accounting 101, Pima Community College
- Managerial Accounting, Accounting 102, Pima Community College
- Practical Accounting Procedures, Accounting 100, Pima Community College
- Business Math, Business 151, Pima Community College
- Financial Accounting II, Arizona American Institute of Banking / Pima Community College
- Easy Personal Budgets (I designed this course), Pima Community College, Community Campus
- Arizona Planning and Accounting Record Book (I re-designed this course), Agricultural Education 496A, The University of Arizona
- Introduction to Plant Biology, Plant Sciences 101, The University of Arizona
Laboratory for Introduction to Plant Biology, Plant Sciences 100, The University of Arizona
Community Service Experience
- Acting Treasurer, SAAVI (Southern Arizona Association for the Visually Impaired), Tucson, AZ, 2006 to 2007
- Board Member, YMCA, Ott Branch, Tucson, AZ, 2000 to 2002
- Board Member, Desert Survivors, Tucson, AZ, 1997 to 1999
- President, Westwood Hills Country Club, Tucson, AZ, 1995 to 1996
- Acting Treasurer, La Hacienda Child and Family Resources, Tucson, AZ, 1994 to 1995
- Teaching Assistant, Wheeler Elementary School, Tucson, AZ, 1994 to 1995
- Treasurer, Westwood Hills Country Club, Tucson, AZ, 1994
- Homeless Overnight Program Volunteer, St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Tucson, AZ, 1993 to 1994
- Plant Biology Tutor, University of Arizona, Department of Plant Sciences, 1991 to 1993
- Native American Program Tutor, The University of Arizona, School of Renewable Natural Resources, 1992
Education, Awards, and Certificates
- MA, Agricultural Education, 1997, University of Arizona
- Meritorious Teaching Award,1993, The University of Arizona, College of Agriculture
- Exceptional student evaluations, 1991-1993, The University of Arizona, Department of Plant Sciences
- Grant recipient for Implementing Accounting Curriculum Change,1995, Pima Community College
- Exceptional student evaluations. Pima Community College, 1989-1995, Business Programs
- Studio Arts (non-degree, 9 units), 1990-1991, University of Arizona
- Arizona Community College Teaching Certificate, Accounting and Business, 1990
- BS, Accounting with High Honors (Cum Laude), 1982, Northern Illinois University
- Pima Community College, Occupational Teaching Certification, Accounting and Business, 2010
- Dean’s List, 1978-1982, Northern Illinois University
Adult Education, Agriculture, Automotive, Building Construction, Child & Family Services, Commercial Lending, Consumer Products, Government, Healthcare, Housing Development & Management, Land Development, Litigation Support, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Plant Biology, Real Estate Lending, Real Estate Sales & Management, Research-University and Private, Retail/B2C, Shopping Center Development & Management, Small Business Development & Management, Teaching Materials, Trade Associations, Video/Film Production, Wholesale/B2B.